classytart: (Default)
classytart ([personal profile] classytart) wrote2013-12-05 08:57 pm
NSFW

Feels a bit like starting up a pension fund with Robert Maxwell

Do you think it's too early to go to bed? I mean, as an adult it seems ludicrous, but bed is so toasty cosy and there's not much else in the plan for this evening. I should do the dishes, but that's hardly exciting. Risk of too early a bedtime, of course, is being wide awake at 5am.

I think the dark isn't helping. Always so dark this time of year. And then the storm was a-rattling the windows last night. No troubles caused for me, though. No traffic disruption, no loss of power. No chance of flooding in my flat. Well, it's not impossible, but if my 4th floor flat gets flooded, there's a whole lot of trouble for the 3 floors of flats, street level shop, never mind the basements or the bottom of the hill. So flooding doesn't worry me overly.

Helping Chris move to Glasgow on Saturday. I get my flat back, which will be nice, but also won't have Chris around anymore. Kind of a shame. Inconvenient when friends move across the country, though at least it's only a small country.

I'm eating an almond macaroon. I should learn how to make these.

Proobably also a bit sleepy from using my brain at work. Spent more time in Visio tring to express a problem in a range of different ways this week than I think I've ever used the bloody thing in my life before. I'm not the biggest fan of Visio, but there's only so far paper and crayons will take you if you have my scrappy handwriting. I also spent a couple of hours at Dave's desk today writing a macro. Harder to do that with an audience and no warning. Always a bit of trial and error I find and having an audience/working on someone else's machine doesn't make that easier. Still, got it done, and I think Dave even nearly understands what I've written for him, which is good. Not that he could write it himself, but he understands the idea. So that's nice.
Quite enjoying the project making me use Visio, though. Getting to work with Dougie, who's long been a pal at work, but I've never actually worked with before. Turns out we're a good team, not just good drinking buddies.

Nice thing about December: advent calendars. I have my Lego City one at home, and at work I have the colouring in one from Moose (http://www.worldofmoose.com/products/world-of-moose-advent-calendar), which I am very much enjoying. I like colouring in.

[identity profile] yummydeb.livejournal.com 2013-12-05 09:46 pm (UTC)(link)
I certainly feel like going to bed, though our bedroom is NOT toasty cosy, it's freezing. I'm starting to think that Sem sleeps in the living room, sitting up in the chair, not so much because of breathing issues but because there's heat in here :-D

SO DARK. Sunrise, 8:38am... sunset, 15:34 or something ridiculous like that. Yeesh. Glad you didn't have any storm problems. Here's to never, ever having a flood in your 4th floor flat!

I haven't thought of Visio for ages, I used it two jobs ago. Don't remember much about it but I can see it is a good replacement for crayons and paper :-D

[identity profile] classytart.livejournal.com 2013-12-06 07:40 pm (UTC)(link)
I stayed up til 11 in the end. :)

My bedroom is colder than the livingroom, but that's how I like it. Cold room (until the morning wake-up time) but sleeping under warm blankies.

We have a few more minutes of light than you, but not much. Certainly sunrise is after I get up (8am in theory) and sun sets before the earliest I can leave the office (3:45). Winter. But the consolation is summer with the endless light.

The crayons are a good deal funner, but Visio looks a bit more professional.

Snow today! Not much, but there was definitely a few bits of snow coming down.

[identity profile] skreidle.livejournal.com 2013-12-07 05:20 am (UTC)(link)
If I were wealthier than I've ever been, I'd totally go with this Whisky Advent Calendar (http://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/drinks-by-the-dram/the-whisky-advent-calendar/). :)