classytart: (brand black)
[personal profile] classytart
My sense of time is wrong today.

We moved to GMT last night. But I don't think that's why my day feels slightly off. I think maybe I've been up to too much.

The week before last I was in the French Alps for a week, which was lovely. Sunny and warm and really rather nice. Good company, great food, top weather. Then this last week, I was out every night but Friday (Quiz, movies twice, and to Glasgow for TV with Chris) and yesterday morning I got the train down to London at the crack of dawn (7:30). Great day. Met up with that Welshman, saw a play, wandered around the South Bank a bit in the sunshine, then Tate Modern, then back to my lovely, lovely hotel, waving Mark off to his bus home.

I really enjoyed the play. It was Jeeves and Wooster, with Matthew Macfadyen and Stephen Mangan respectively playing the leads. It was all breaking the 4th wall, and clever staging tricks, mucking about with only 3 members of cast playing several characters.

I also really enjoyed the room full of Rothkos in Tate Modern, as well as the hall itself (empty when we were there). That's a superb space.

Also liked the bridges. Didn't like the endless supply of people all up in my business. Bleurgh.

My room was tops, though. I forgot to take its picture, but it was like this one

Only mine had just one armchair at the circular table, and a sofa at the foot of the bed. Delish food, too.

Last time i was in London, by the way? Early 1999, visiting Universities, considering applying to Kings and Imperial.

So I think my sense of time is off because I've been rushing about the place, and getting up early and whatnot. But if I hadn't just looked at the time, from how I feel, I'd not have been able to tell you if it were 4pm or 9pm. The fog here in Edinburgh probably isn't helping either. When the plan landed it took me by surprise (not the pilot, happily: he was on it), because we genuinely didn't see the ground until we were basically on it.

Date: 2014-03-30 09:43 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] yummydeb.livejournal.com
It sounds like a very busy, but very good, last fortnight or so. That hotel room is ace.

Do you get a bit of a break now or will you still be going full-tilt this week?

January 2017

S M T W T F S
12 34567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031    

Style Credit

  • Style: Cozy Blanket for Ciel by nornoriel

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Aug. 29th, 2026 07:28 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios