The sun is shining, it's a bank holiday, so time to show you the front room. This used to be the flatmate bedroom, but is now a sort of study/second livingroom/spare room. It gets the morning sun and is bright and I love it. It's the only room in the house with white walls. Satin finish, too: most of my walls are matte.
Again, rubbishy phone photos, but I think they show the room.

This is the view straight ahead when you stand in the doorway. East facing, the biggest of the windows in the flat. It catches the morning sun wonderfully, thanks to the enormous number of stairs I have to climb to get to the flat.

On a sunny morning, I sit here on the sofa and eat my breakfast. The sofa is turquoise velvet, and I LOVE my printed curtains, even though I don't think of myself as liking print-patterned busy fabrics. I usually face this way

On that wall there are a few prints, and this little painting, which I love. I bought it in Cuba.

There to the right of the door is this little layout: I'm using that computer right now. T-Rex is a lamp, who gives off the most lovely soft light. The filing cabinet hints I might be an adult, then you see the Lego. I love my glossy white sideboard, which hides a whole lot of mess in its drawers and cupboards. I bought the bowl in Turkey, the wooden polar bear in Iceland, and the bird hanging on the lamp in Cuba.
Under the sideboard is the Roomba. One of the best inventions ever. Not only does it do the vacuum cleaning for me, when I'm out; it also encourages good housekeeping habits of picking up after yourself, knowing a robot will be doing the cleaning.
Check out the Lego!

My Lego cinema

And the restaurant, with an artist's garret upstairs!
To the left of the door, we have:

My little chair, which I bought by accident. But it's a perfect fit for me.

My beautiful white wardrobe. All smooth turned corners on its sculpted wood. This is the one that took 4 deliveries to get right: the first three times the wood on the bottom corner of the door was split and damaged. I think it was worth the wait. I keep the spare bedding in here, out the way. And my empty vases on top.

Next is the chest of drawers that matches the wardrobe. Another dinosaur lamp. Squashy foam cubes that make another spare bed when folded out, or sitting perches when not, and more dinosaurs. Very much a theme.
Above that corner is my print from Moose:

It's funny! Each panel is the man and his pokey-stick doing something. Not sure if you can read it in this picture (click to go to Flickr and enlarge).
And then we're back to the sofa in the window.
Right! It's a sunny warm (ish) day, and I am not at work. I should get going on the day. My plan is to do the dishes, then have lunch, then go for a decent long walk. Though it snowed on Tuesday, the weekend has been nice, and I mean to take full advantage. Yesterday I went to the cinema with my jacket in my bag! Yes! Not wearing a coat!
Again, rubbishy phone photos, but I think they show the room.

This is the view straight ahead when you stand in the doorway. East facing, the biggest of the windows in the flat. It catches the morning sun wonderfully, thanks to the enormous number of stairs I have to climb to get to the flat.

On a sunny morning, I sit here on the sofa and eat my breakfast. The sofa is turquoise velvet, and I LOVE my printed curtains, even though I don't think of myself as liking print-patterned busy fabrics. I usually face this way

On that wall there are a few prints, and this little painting, which I love. I bought it in Cuba.

There to the right of the door is this little layout: I'm using that computer right now. T-Rex is a lamp, who gives off the most lovely soft light. The filing cabinet hints I might be an adult, then you see the Lego. I love my glossy white sideboard, which hides a whole lot of mess in its drawers and cupboards. I bought the bowl in Turkey, the wooden polar bear in Iceland, and the bird hanging on the lamp in Cuba.
Under the sideboard is the Roomba. One of the best inventions ever. Not only does it do the vacuum cleaning for me, when I'm out; it also encourages good housekeeping habits of picking up after yourself, knowing a robot will be doing the cleaning.
Check out the Lego!

My Lego cinema

And the restaurant, with an artist's garret upstairs!
To the left of the door, we have:

My little chair, which I bought by accident. But it's a perfect fit for me.

My beautiful white wardrobe. All smooth turned corners on its sculpted wood. This is the one that took 4 deliveries to get right: the first three times the wood on the bottom corner of the door was split and damaged. I think it was worth the wait. I keep the spare bedding in here, out the way. And my empty vases on top.

Next is the chest of drawers that matches the wardrobe. Another dinosaur lamp. Squashy foam cubes that make another spare bed when folded out, or sitting perches when not, and more dinosaurs. Very much a theme.
Above that corner is my print from Moose:

It's funny! Each panel is the man and his pokey-stick doing something. Not sure if you can read it in this picture (click to go to Flickr and enlarge).
And then we're back to the sofa in the window.
Right! It's a sunny warm (ish) day, and I am not at work. I should get going on the day. My plan is to do the dishes, then have lunch, then go for a decent long walk. Though it snowed on Tuesday, the weekend has been nice, and I mean to take full advantage. Yesterday I went to the cinema with my jacket in my bag! Yes! Not wearing a coat!
no subject
Date: 2015-04-06 04:50 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2015-04-07 07:24 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2015-04-06 06:24 pm (UTC)Hope you enjoyed your walk!
no subject
Date: 2015-04-07 07:25 pm (UTC)I did! The sunshine held.
no subject
Date: 2015-04-06 06:31 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2015-04-07 07:27 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2015-04-06 08:31 pm (UTC)You certainly picked a beautiful day for pictures and that room really looks quite stunning.
no subject
Date: 2015-04-07 07:24 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2015-04-07 07:49 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2015-04-07 05:04 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2015-04-07 07:23 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2015-04-07 07:42 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2015-04-07 03:26 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2015-04-07 03:58 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2015-04-07 04:22 pm (UTC)Has she caught any Borrowers yet?
no subject
Date: 2015-04-07 04:23 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2015-04-07 07:22 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2015-04-07 06:47 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2015-04-07 07:20 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2015-04-07 07:47 pm (UTC)